Anavar is another dihydrotestosterone derivative, although this anabolic steroid has nothing to do with the “parent” of this anabolic steroid. Thus, oxandrolone does not show any androgenic activity, it is not an antiestrogen, it does not contribute to the development of acne, excessive hair growth on the body and hair loss on the head. Aggressiveness is not increasing either.
But oxandrolone has two remarkable properties. First, it can significantly increase creatine phosphate synthesis by muscle fibers, which can provide significant strength gains with virtually no weight gain. And second, oxandrolone is the most effective anti-catabolic agent of all androgens and anabolic steroids (AAS), which inhibits cortisol synthesis and secretion.
This latter property makes oxandrolone almost mandatory for use during post-cycle therapy (PCT) because cortisol levels are generally significantly elevated. In addition, it is not bad to add oxandrolone periodically during “bulk collection”. Finally, when “drying”, oxandrolone comes into play: firstly, it greatly accelerates lipolysis, especially in the abdomen, and secondly, it helps to remove excess water from the body.
Read more about Winstrol and Anavar cycle
The story of the discovery of Oxandrolone
In the middle of the last century, this steroid was synthesized by Raphael Pappo. Since 1964, he has been released in the United States under the name Anavar. The drug is also known as Oxandrin, Vasorome, Anatrofill. Among bodybuilders, it is often called a derivative of the female name “Oksana”.
Due to the properties of the substance, which leads to an increase in muscle mass, the drug was prescribed in case of increased loss. Anavar is part of a comprehensive treatment for diseases such as HIV and AIDS. The drug has been found to be positive in the treatment of osteoporosis, where bone density is reduced. Anavar was discontinued in 1989. This was partly influenced by reviews of abuse in bodybuilding.
But as early as 1995, the General Corporation successfully conducted clinical trials and released the substance under the brand name Oxandrin. Oxandrin was subsequently approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and was designated an orphan drug for the treatment of a number of specific diseases. It was used as:
- a therapeutic agent in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis;
- reduce protein catabolism;
- Gymnastic syndrome;
- HIV-induced weight loss syndrome, in which the amount of muscle tissue is reduced
.Anavar is also prescribed for anemia and angioedema associated with hereditary factors.
The main advantages of using Anavar
- Relaxing body training and muscle growth;
- High growth hormone levels;
- Start an active fat burning process;
- Increase strength and endurance;
- Improving protein metabolism;
- Improving well-being;
- Strengthening bone tissue;
- Nervous system stimulation;
- Rapid recovery after strenuous physical exertion;
- anticatabolic effects.
How to take and what effect can you expect from Anavar?
First of all, it is worth noting that this drug can be used not only by men but also by women, because once in the body it does not convert to estrogen and is considered rare.
There are two ways to take an anabolic: single course and combined. A solo course is recommended when an athlete already has enough muscle mass and aims to burn subcutaneous fat, strengthen muscles and achieve significant relief. In this case, the steroid is used for 6 weeks at a dose of 15-25 mg per day. It is recommended to take it on an empty stomach as this will speed up the action of oxandrolone.
The combined course allows you to increase muscle mass. Oxalodrone intake is usually combined with testosterone, sustanon or primobolan. In this case, the dose is often 40 mg per day.
The main effect of the drug is:
- increase in muscle mass – with a combined course;
- increased indicators of strength and endurance – occurs due to an increase in erythrocytes in the blood, which ensures the transport of oxygen;
- fat burning – performed with a separate steroid course;
- removing excess fluid from the body, which is especially valuable when drying.
You can also add to this list the strong relief and expression of veins, which are so popular among bodybuilders in competitions.
Side effects of Oxandrolone
As already mentioned, Oxandrolone is one of the mildest anabolic steroids. But it also has some side effects. The most important include:
- increased blood pressure – eliminated by type 1 beta blockers;
- diarrhea – easy to remove with loperamide;
- Nervousness – manifests itself during the first days of admission and passes very quickly;
- Loss of appetite, nausea – the body’s standard reaction to taking a new drug.
Although this anabolic substance does not cause serious side effects, you should not forget the individual characteristics of each organism. In any case, you should monitor your well-being to avoid side effects.
Oxandrolone, like many other steroids, can be purchased at our online store, where qualified consultants will always answer all your questions, help you choose the right drug, calculate the dosage and course duration.